David Beckham jokes Nick Grimshaw can 'play on the right wing' as footballer announces Old Trafford return

David Beckham is making a huge return to football next month - and he wants Nick Grimshaw to be part of it.
The Manchester United legend will be lacing up his boots and stepping onto the Old Trafford pitch for charity , with his mentor and former manager Sir Alex Fergusonbarking orders from the touchline.
He revealed the exciting news - which is a fundraiser for UNICEF - on Grimmy's Radio 1 show on Friday morning, and teased that the X Factor judge could even replace Becks in his favoured role on the ring wing.
David Beckham
Manchester United v Newcastle United FA Cup Final 1999 Sir Alex Ferguson celebrates with David Beckham after winning the game
He joked: "I'd love you to come and play on the right wing if you can… I am a big fan of your football skills."
Becks retired from football three years ago, after a career which also saw him play for Real Madrid, AC Milan, LA Galaxy and Paris Saint-Germain.
It sounds like fans can expect some very special teammates, hinting that some old friends will be involved.
Instagram / Victoria BeckhamVictoria Beckham writes "Happy anniversary, I love u so much x I'm so proud of our beautiful family x
The Beckham family
David also chatted about his and Victoria's parenting style, and admitted his children are "more scared" of their mum.
"Victoria is the strict one," he insisted. "I think the kids are definitely more scared of Victoria than myself!"
PANick Grimshaw
Nick Grimshaw
He recently said: "Whenever I see him, I think I am going to go and say hello. But I can never say anything funny, interesting or that even makes sense... He thinks I’m a weirdo. And I have met him a lot of times."

0 comments: